Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Income tax return filing

SINTO JOSE (Jr. Officer)     23 December 2015

Jr. Officer 
 24 points

| My Other Post

Mr.A has two business. One is general commission agent and another one is retails business, which was eligible for presumptive income as per section 44AD. In which ITR Form he has to file return? and How the return file?


Ankit Taprania (CA FINAL )     23 December 2015

Ankit Taprania
 55 likes  542 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I don't agree . 

ITR-4S  cannot be filed when you have income from commission or brokerage . that means you need to file ITR-4 for commission business BUT you cannot file ITR-4 as well as ITR-4S as only one return can be filed by assessee.

ultimately YOU HAVE TO FILE ITR-4


CA Prateek Garg (CA in Practice)     23 December 2015

CA Prateek Garg
CA in Practice 
 78 likes  1395 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Though you may use section 44AD for retail business but for commission agency business you have to compute income and pay tax as per normal provision of PGBP.

Hence you can’t use ITR 4S. You can file ITR 4 showing income from Retail business on presumptive basis and income from commission as per normal provision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »