Income tax refund issue in case of wrong form 16

Recently, I received arrears from my ex-employer and filed Form 10E with the IT Dept. based upon details shared with me.  However, the Accounts Officer has not mentioned tax relief u/s 89 in the Form 16 released to me. I have been making due follow-up with him as well as with his seniors to issue revised Form 16, but not getting any satisfactory response.

So, the zero tax relief u/s 89 mentioned in Form 16, is not going to match actual tax relief to be mentioned in Income Tax Return (ITR), through Form 10E.

Whether I would get tax refund without any problem, given mismatch in Form 16 and ITR?

Replies (3)

You will face problem in refund ask your employer to file revised tds return. You can furnish relief workings so that they will revise based on it.

you can claim relief us 89 directly online.
Should I file an application under RTI (Right to Information) Act with my ex-employer to get year-wise details of Salary, and Pension Arrears released to me during FY 2018-19, so that I may immediately submit their response to the IT Assessment Officer, in case I get notice from the Income Tax Dept.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details