Income Tax Payment

Hello,

 

I have a small query. I was employed with two organizations during the last financial year. In the second organization, I didnt declare Form 12. And in both the organizations I availed 80C&80CCF exemption for 1.2lacs. Now when I consolidate both the form 16 there is a Tax liability on my side. I understand that I will have to pay the Tax ASAP but wanted to know how much is the interest that I need to pay along with the IT. Can someone please help me?

 

Thanks in Advance.

Vaibhav

Replies (6)

are you asking in terms of current AY:2011-12???

Yes for AY 2011-12.

interest would be payable only if your current tax payable exceed Rs.10,000/- (Interest u/s 234C) . if it doesn't, then there is no question of interest.

no dhawal is not tottaly correct you would be liable to interest u/s 234A 234B 234C all of them for

234A : applicable only if you dont pay taxes by july 31st i.e last day for fiing returns .

234B if advacne tax i.e TDS  less than 90% of total tax laibility then the diffrence of them* 1%pm. if you pay taxes now 2% i.e april and may 2011, or else as you delay 1% pm extra for every month or part of month even for 1 day of a month also.

234 C (tax liability*30F%-TDS deducted upto september 2010)*3%

             (tax liability *60%-TDS deducted up to december 2010)*3%

            (tax laibility *100%-TDS deducted up to march 2011)*1%

agreed.

 

but i had answered assuming that he would file his returns before July 31st ..

agree with mr. NIMIT

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details