Income tax on income not received

Dear All,

My employer has not paid me my full salary but he has included the full amount as paid in my Form 16 A. Due to which I have additional tax payable on the income which I haven't received. My employer has no intention of paying the remaining salary.  

Please advise me on how can I present this in my income tax return and avoid unfair additional tax. Please also advise me on what can I do against the employer. Thank You.

Replies (3)

Mr. Abhishek

If he is issuing you Form 16A, then it must not be Salary Income but i believe, he is paying you Professional receipts or he must be treating it as Professional receipts. Is it so? Because for Salary Income, it is Form 16, not Form 16A.

Dear Abhishek,

There are various deductions from salary also. If you have bymistakely typed Form no. 16A in stead of Form no. 16. The amount must have been paid to you during the year by your employer or must have been paid by now. If you have received Form No. 16A then the company had paid you professional fees and not salary.

Dear Aditya,

I am sorry. It was form 16 I have received. The employer has refused to pay the remaining amount which is due. However, he has put the full salary amount in my form 16. Now, as per the form 16, I am supposed to pay tax on the salary which is not paid to me.

I require your advice on how can I reflect the unpaid salary in my IT returns. Secondly, what steps can I take to claim my salary.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details