Income from partnership firm, but no business or profession - which itr to file - itr - income tax

 

I have profit income from partnership firm. But I dont have a proprietorship business or profession.  This year(A.Y 2018-19) they have removed Schedule IF(Information regarding partnership firms) in ITR2. Also in schedule AL(assets and liabilities), there is no section to disclose the investment amount in a partnership firm. Due to this most popular websites/articles suggest that partners should file ITR3(which makes sense).  But in ITR3, the NATURE OF BUSINESS section requires atleast one row to be filled. But I dont have a business or profession. I have only profit income from a partnership firm. Hence I am unable to file ITR3 as well. So I am unable to use both ITR2 and ITR3. Please advise how to proceed. Thanks in advance for your help.   

 

Replies (2)
ITR 3 is applicable to a Partner who is in partner of a Partnership Firm.

Use code '00001' 'Share of Income from Firm Only' .... in ITR3.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details