Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Arora (CA-Final)     27 July 2012

Income from other sources


I am a salaried person, invested some amount in under construction property.

The broker refunded me Rs.90K after deducting TDS Rs.10K out of money given by me to him towards his brokerage etc.

He says he got the rebate. Now I am confused how should I treat this amount into my return and how to get that tax amount from the department.


Please reply on priority basis.

Thanks in advance.


Deepak Arora

 3 Replies

CA. Subhash Dangi

CA. Subhash Dangi (Chartered Accountant)     27 July 2012

Under which section the broker deducted the TDS?

Whether the broker issued Form 16A for the same.

U have not mentioned the nature of transaction and about rebate.

Deepak Arora

Deepak Arora (CA-Final)     27 July 2012


He deducted Rs.10K under brokerage. And issued Form 16A too for the same.

Actually I given him some amount towards initial deposit out of which he refund me Rs.90K by saying its a rebate to you and deducted tax on this @ 10%.

Its not cleared to me too properly.

Is there any way to save this amount.


Deepak Arora


CA. Subhash Dangi

CA. Subhash Dangi (Chartered Accountant)     27 July 2012

First of all it is not an income which was refunded by the broker.

It is not clear that the amount refunded is what u invested.

If refund is pertains to your investment, then file your IT return stating your salary income only. Claim the refund Rs. 10K by filling the TDS details of Form 16A.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags