Ignou b.com(a&f) confusion... 1 year or 3 years?? plz read..

Abhishek Mishra (Student)     08 June 2013

Abhishek Mishra
Student 
 32 points

| My Other Post

I was cheching out web to get some info on the B.com(A&F) program.
many sites say this "Besides students can claim exemption from the study of subjects already studied in CPT and IPCC and also acquire B.Com degree in just one year by earning 32 credits."
I
was delighted to have read this so I searched about this 32 credit thing and how to earn them & came across this url http://220.227.161.86/14837faq_bharathiar_icai.pdf   now this says that the course duration is minimum 3 years & maximum 6 years. 
So I'm confused which is the correct one? 
In short how long will it take me to become a graduate(get the b.com degree) after passing IPCC and registering with IGNOU for the above mentioned program, if I pass the ignou exams in very first attempt? will it take 3 years(those of the articleship training) or only 1 or 2 year(s) of the articleship or I will get the degree after completion of the CA course??
PLZZZ HELP indecisionis there any CA or student who has undergone the aforsaid b.com program??
tnx in advancesmiley

avater

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant)     09 June 2013

CA Srikanth Yadav
Chartered Accountant 
 465 likes  3162 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If at the time of registration for the program, you've completed your PCC/IPCC, then it is 1 year. Or else it'll be 3 years

avater

CA Vivek Tiwari (Practicing Chartered Accountant)     09 June 2013

CA Vivek Tiwari
Practicing Chartered Accountant 
 41 likes  660 points

Course duration iz depend on ur articleship status. Digree will b allot only when u compleet ur 3 yr articlship. if u hv alredy compleeted ur articleship then it will take 1 yr (time duration to earn 32 credit).

avater

CA Vivek Tiwari (Practicing Chartered Accountant)     09 June 2013

CA Vivek Tiwari
Practicing Chartered Accountant 
 41 likes  660 points

if still any cnfusn, plz feel free to ask.

1 Like
avater

CA Apoorva Gaurav (CA)     09 June 2013

CA Apoorva Gaurav
CA 
 34 likes  368 points

Originally posted by : Vivek K. Tiwari
Course duration iz depend on ur articleship status. Digree will b allot only when u compleet ur 3 yr articlship. if u hv alredy compleeted ur articleship then it will take 1 yr (time duration to earn 32 credit).

No sir the condition of completion of articleship has been waived off by IGNOU & ICAI 

now any student having completed his/her IPCC/PCC has to attempt in 4 papers of ignou out of which 2 are language papers and other two are elective ones I am appearing in this june sesiuon and have already enquired about its every aspect

And it takes 1 year since enrollment just you need to submitt your assignments and appear in the eams

Please note:- for this july session last date for admission is 15th of June

Divij Bhatia (article assistant)     10 June 2013

Divij Bhatia
article assistant 
 22 points

Where is the IGNOU office for registration??

I mean  where do i apply to register in IGNOU in New Delhi??

avater

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant)     10 June 2013

CA Srikanth Yadav
Chartered Accountant 
 465 likes  3162 points

Originally posted by : Divij Bhatia

Where is the IGNOU office for registration??

I mean  where do i apply to register in IGNOU in New Delhi??

IGNOU Regional Centre 
J-2/1, Block B-1
Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate
Mathura Road
New Delhi - 110044
Phones: 011-26990082, 26990083
Fax: 011-26990084
Email: rcdelhi1 @ ignou.ac.in

Working Days of the Regional Centre -
Monday to Friday (9:30 am to 6:00 pm)
                 www.ignourcdelhi1.in

avater

pravallika reddy (articleship)     20 June 2013

pravallika reddy
articleship 
 16 likes  305 points

hi,

kindly tell me the procedure for application/ register and is there any online aplicatin for registering the course?

how many sessions in a year? i already registerd for ca final and i have completed one and half year articleship also.shall i eligible for 2013 exams and can i get degree certificate in 2014.

Thanks in advance

sangeeta (student)     05 July 2013

sangeeta
student 
 4 likes  64 points

BCom(A & F) course is from IGNOU university whereas the link which u hav posted http://220.227.161.86/14837faq_bharathiar_icai.pdf  is of bharathiar uiversity. One can do BCom from any of the two universities.

But in case of IGNOU, we can get the BCom degree within 1 year if you have cleared IPCC.

"For the students who have already completed the Chartered Accountancy First Stage (lntermediate/PE-II/PCC), the minimum period of study shall be proportionately reduced. Thus, such students can complete this programme within a minimum period of one year (with the condition that the total period including one year at IGNOU should not be less than three years from the date of passing CPT) and a maximum period of 4 years."

This is written in the latest prospectus for this course for 2013.

whereas, in Bharathiar university,there is no such advantage. It will take 3 years to get the BCom degree!!

I am also going to enroll for this BCom from IGNOU.I have cleared my IPCC.

sangeeta (student)     05 July 2013

sangeeta
student 
 4 likes  64 points

this is the IGNOU BCom prospectus for your reference.

Attached File : 474308 1197192 b comafmcoft.pdf downloaded: 5728 times
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here