ICAI motto song download,mission

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48559 Points)

01 July 2013  

Dear friends,

I hereby convey my heartfelt wishes on the occasion of Chartered Accountants Day, and I hope that both the profession and the professionals will touch great heights in the forth coming years being the major contributor to the society’s economic well-being. So let us join hands and celebrate the Golden day of the year and take a pledge to serve our profession in a manner that enriches our nation by all means.

ICAI AT A GLANCE:-  CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PPT ON ICAI

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India was established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 passed by the Parliament of India with the objective of regulating accountancy profession in India. ICAI is the second largest professional accounting body in the world in terms of membership second only to AICPA. It prescribes the qualifications for a Chartered Accountant, conducts the requisite examinations and grants license in the form of Certificate of Practice. Apart from this primary function, it also helps various government agencies like RBI, SEBI, MCA, CAG,IRDA, etc. in policy formulation.

ICAI actively engages itself in aiding and advising economic policy formulation.

For example ICAI has submitted its suggestions on the proposed Direct Taxes Code Bill, 2010. It also has submitted its suggestions on the Companies Bill, 2009. The government also takes the suggestions of ICAI as expert advice and considers it favourably. ICAI presented an approach paper on issues in implementing Goods and Service Tax in India to the Ministry of Finance. In response to this, Ministry of Finance has suggested that ICAI take a lead and help the government in implementing Goods and Services Tax (GST). It is because of this active participation in formulation economic legislation, it has designated itself as a "Partner in Nation Building".

Thanks & regards

Ganesh babu k