Icai campus placement - share your experience

SamTK (Chartered Accountant) (194 Points)

27 January 2014  

A lot of the students in CA Final don't really know much about how ICAI Campus Placement works, and I'm one of them.

I have a few questions regarding the ICAI Campus Placement, so it'd be great if you could include them while you're sharing your experience.

1) Procedure? What's the run-down? I've heard you have to first sit in a smaller city like Indore, Jaipur etc, and then if you don't get an offer there, you can sit in a bigger city? Also, can you reject an offer in a smaller city and then go to a bigger city? And, do Companies hire you immediately(I believe that's what Campus Placement means?) or do they call you after a few days or so. How many rounds of interview are there?

2) The kind of Companies that generally show up? The job profile offered. The package offered? The city in which the job is offered?

3) The general requirements of Companies? Do they only interview first-attempt pass-outs on Day 1?

4) Overall, do you think you could have landed a better job if you hadn't gone through Campus Placement? Is ICAI really working hard towards making Campus Placements more effective for students?

Thank you in advance. Please share your experiences assuming I know nothing at all about how the process works.