Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SamTK (Chartered Accountant)     27 January 2014

Icai campus placement - share your experience

A lot of the students in CA Final don't really know much about how ICAI Campus Placement works, and I'm one of them.

I have a few questions regarding the ICAI Campus Placement, so it'd be great if you could include them while you're sharing your experience.

1) Procedure? What's the run-down? I've heard you have to first sit in a smaller city like Indore, Jaipur etc, and then if you don't get an offer there, you can sit in a bigger city? Also, can you reject an offer in a smaller city and then go to a bigger city? And, do Companies hire you immediately(I believe that's what Campus Placement means?) or do they call you after a few days or so. How many rounds of interview are there?

2) The kind of Companies that generally show up? The job profile offered. The package offered? The city in which the job is offered?

3) The general requirements of Companies? Do they only interview first-attempt pass-outs on Day 1?

4) Overall, do you think you could have landed a better job if you hadn't gone through Campus Placement? Is ICAI really working hard towards making Campus Placements more effective for students?

Thank you in advance. Please share your experiences assuming I know nothing at all about how the process works.

14 Replies

Ms. Sia Raman

Ms. Sia Raman (Chartered Accountant- Working Professional)     27 January 2014

Hi,

Will try to answer your queries :-

1) Procedure? What's the run-down? I've heard you have to first sit in a smaller city like Indore, Jaipur etc, and then if you don't get an offer there, you can sit in a bigger city? Also, can you reject an offer in a smaller city and then go to a bigger city? And, do Companies hire you immediately(I believe that's what Campus Placement means?) or do they call you after a few days or so. How many rounds of interview are there?

Reply : - Well, the procedure differs company to company and city wise. There is no such compulsion as to first attend the campus in a smaller city and then a bigger one. It totally depends upon you. Although the number and quality of companies attending campus in a bigger city is better. The part about number of offer rejections is listed out clearly in the rules on cmii website. That will give you a clearer idea. Ya, if you clear the interview, you will be given an offer letter immediately. However, the joining date will be intimidated to you later by the company. Mostly that is also within one month. The rounds of interview also depends upon the company. Mostly there are 3 rounds as given below :-

• Round 1 : Written Test / Group Discussion
  • Round 2 : Personal Interview
  • Round 3  : Final Interview – Handing over the offer letter and discussion about salary and other terms

2) The kind of Companies that generally show up? The job profile offered. The package offered? The city in which the job is offered?

Reply : - The kind and number of companies that show up differs in every campus interview. Most of them are listed companies having a good turnover, corporates and big CA Firms. TCS is a regular at the campus, also Vedanta, ICICI Bank, Accenture etc have attended the Campus. The job profile also is also varied: Corporate Finance, Taxation, Audit, Financial Analyst ( Financial Softwares) etc  The companies mention clearly the placement city in their criteria; the city of placement depends on the criteria listed out by the specific company

3) The general requirements of Companies? Do they only interview first-attempt pass-outs on Day 1?

Reply: - The companies shortlist candidates based on their criteria, candidate’s job preference, candidates marks, number of attempts etc. Once the short listing is done, the interview rounds are held for the shortlisted candidates. There is no such thing as interviewing first-attempt pass-outs on Day 1. It depends on their shortlists.

4) Overall, do you think you could have landed a better job if you hadn't gone through Campus Placement? Is ICAI really working hard towards making Campus Placements more effective for students?

Reply : - The Campus placements is a very good intiative by ICAI. The salary package offered is much higher. However, the candidates should also take this seriously. To take part in a Campus, you must be well prepared on your communication skills, knowledge (academic, basics ), practical ( reading newspapers, articles on blogs, magazines etc.) The company will identify a passionate candidate in a jiffy, the others might feel betrayed. Since CA is a distance learning course, holding a Campus is really a great initiative by ICAI. However, the number of job offers is less since most of the times the students are not job ready. Be confident and knowledgeable. Work on your interview skills and Campus Placement will be an enjoyable process for you.

8 Like
Jithin

Jithin (Learner)     30 January 2014

Dear Sia, I am a bit confused on which big centre to opt for campus placement. I want to choose either Bangalore or Chennai. Going by the recent stats, Chennai seems to be better. But I want to know whether the quality of companies coming to Chennai is comparable to Bangalore. If u had attended at Chennai, then pls tell me regd the type of companies that came to the campus in ur attempt. Plz reply urgently bcoz the registration closes 2nite.

Ms. Sia Raman

Ms. Sia Raman (Chartered Accountant- Working Professional)     30 January 2014

Im really sorry. Wouldn't be able to help you as I had attended the campus in Mumbai. However, you could check online for last years Campus Placement Data. They usually have a list of companies attending the campus at each center.
3 Like
Jithin

Hi Sia, thanks a lot for the quick reply. I had searched online but cudnt find any centre-wise list of companies. 

SamTK

SamTK (Chartered Accountant)     30 January 2014

I don't understand why ICAI can't release the list of companies attending each Campus.

As I understand, shouldn't students be given the freedom to choose a Campus based on the Companies which would show up? I mean that does, hinder, our decision-making process. I read an article a few days ago, in which about 300 students opted for the Ahmedabad campus, only to realize a single company showed up and hired 2-3 students only.

It's a little inconsiderate of ICAI, and defeats the very purpose of a Campus Placement.

Jithin

@ SamTK

Actually ICAI has uploaded the list of companies centre wise in the placement portal. But it is a pathetic list..In total only 4 companies are said to be participating in the campus. And for each centre, there is only a single company. I just cant believe the list. If its really true, I dont see the purpose of attending campus placement.

SamTK

SamTK (Chartered Accountant)     30 January 2014

Originally posted by : Jithin
@ SamTK

Actually ICAI has uploaded the list of companies centre wise in the placement portal. But it is a pathetic list..In total only 4 companies are said to be participating in the campus. And for each centre, there is only a single company. I just cant believe the list. If its really true, I dont see the purpose of attending campus placement.

Whoa! Only 4 companies? I don't think that's possible. They'll probably update the list with time. The Companies named in the list aren't the usuals, so I guess we'll have a few more registrations in the days to come. If, in fact, only 4 companies end up coming to the Campus, I'd start questioning my decision of pursuing the Chartered Accountancy course.

It really is a shame for ICAI. I don't get it. We're supposed to be on par with other professionals graduating from IIM, IIT etc, and yet, we're not worth much.

Jithin

Originally posted by : SamTK

Originally posted by : Jithin

@ SamTK

Whoa! Only 4 companies? I don't think that's possible. They'll probably update the list with time. The Companies named in the list aren't the usuals, so I guess we'll have a few more registrations in the days to come. If, in fact, only 4 companies end up coming to the Campus, I'd start questioning my decision of pursuing the Chartered Accountancy course.

It really is a shame for ICAI. I don't get it. We're supposed to be on par with other professionals graduating from IIM, IIT etc, and yet, we're not worth much.

I too think the list is incomplete. We need not read too much into the list. 

SamTK

SamTK (Chartered Accountant)     31 January 2014

Jithin,

In fact, if anything, I think Companies would show a lot more competitive edge this time around. The Companies which often take up, 1st attempt pass-outs, would know there aren't many of them, and the few who did manage to pass, should be students from the exquisite top, bearing in mind the 3%.

I strongly believe the list isn't fully updated yet, and is constantly updated by ICAI, as and when Companies register with the Placement Cell of ICAI. In fact, that would make more sense so students can start making their decisions at an early-stage.

Well, only time will tell. Which centre are you opting for? I'd personaly suggest, Mumbai.You know, if you're playing conservative. There would be a lucky few students who might show up at other, less-inviting centres, and get hired because of less competition there.

Anyways. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

Cheers,
Sam

Jithin

Jithin (Learner)     31 January 2014

Hi Sam, its actually my cousin sister who is attending campus. I filled up the campus registration form for her since she was busy with her present job & didnt have time. We choose Bangalore as the big centre. She cleared after multiple attempts so I think it is better to be appearing from a centre where there is lesser competition(but yeah I dont know how competitive the Bangalore centre is).

Will keep u updated..In a normal sceanario, it is very tough for her to get even shortlisted bcoz of the multiple attempt factor(also her articleship exposure wasnt gud engh)..But since not many have cleared, I think there is an outside chance. 

Khushboo Motwani

Khushboo Motwani (Manager- Accounts)     18 July 2015

Hi,

I am Qualified CA from November 2012 batch. Earlier I have not applied for CA campus placement, Now Can i apply for Campus placement to be held in Aug-Sep 2015.

Jithin

Jithin (Learner)     20 July 2015

Hi Khushboo, sorry u cant attend the campus placement now..It is for freshers only.

Jithin

Jithin (Learner)     20 July 2015

@ Khushboo

Have attached FAQs regd the Aug-Sep. 2015 Campus. Pls read the Q.1 of the FAQs where the eligibilty criteria is specified.

Attached File : 389034 20150720181431 faqs for candidate aug sept 2015.doc downloaded: 206 times
Raj Dutta

Raj Dutta (SERVICE)     28 July 2016

Can anybody give me some idea about expected Salary.I'hv just cleared my Final.I had a experince of 4 years in World class Pharma MNC...so how much shld i quote in Expected Salary.. Please share ur experience & suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags