I missed a "Mentor" when I was a student. You should look for it.

If there is one thing I wished for as a student, it is to have a mentor.

Not a teacher, but a mentor or coach. 

Though, mentor or coach has different meanings their roles do overlap.

What difference would it have made?

1. When it felt like quitting, he would have made me reflect on my mindset and shift perspective.

2. Inspired me when things went wrong. ( It will, as that's how it is).

3. Guided me in where I was going wrong, especially during the prep time. 

I am sure, it would have made a world of difference to my studying and preparation and I am sure it would have added more joy, and more fun to the entire journey.

 

What do you think? 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
The author reflects on wishing they had a mentor during their student days, distinguishing them from teachers. A mentor, having navigated similar journeys, offers unique support by helping students shift perspective during tough times, providing inspiration when things go wrong, and guiding them through preparation pitfalls. This guidance, the author believes, would have added joy and significantly improved their academic experience.

Look for it and revert back.
@ CA Rakesh T,

Yes, You are Exactly Correct...

We want that two persons in life.

But, Based on above we don't miss Teacher.
Bcoz, Teacher is our first mentor from our childhood...

Am I Right...??!

The way I differentiate between teacher and mentor or guide is the teacher may or may not have gone through the journey student is going through but the mentor for sure has and may have deeper perspective of things the student may go through.

 

its more of time you spend when you are alone and studying whereas the teacher ( all so important) helps during the class.

 

Both are critical and very important 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details