I made it..!! I am a Chartered Accountant..!!

Priya (Article) (336 Points)

10 August 2012  

I am a bright student but extremely lazy.  I had cleared CPT in the very first attempt, but unfortunately took two attempts to clear PCC. However, during my Finals. I had decided to let go of my laziness and study sincerely. But due to some health as well as psychological reasons I wasn't in my best state during the study leave for Finals. I realized later that I was in mild depression which made me lose my focus from studies.

The 4 months of study leave passed like a breeze and out of 8 subjects I could only complete 2 thoroughly. Not that I didn't touch the remaining 6 subjects, but my preparation was not that great, I had done only about 60-70% of the syllabus to be precise. The exams were nearing, The Golden First Attempt, and I wasn't prepared for it. I could have easily given up but still I decided to give my exams. Reason... the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.

I had first read " The Secret" about 5 years ago. That time I just read it and didn't believe it much. I was young, didn't have much goals or expectations in life....But this time I was in pressure, I had huge expectations from my family for clearing a prestigious examination in the First Attempt, it meant a lot to my family, my mother especially. My younger sister is a big follower of " The Secret" ever since I read it for the first time and had given her to read it (that is 5 years ago). She always used to tell me about how " The Secret" changed her life..giving numerous experiences, but I refused to believe it..I told her that it was a figment of her imagination...!! Stupid me..!

As my study leave was nearing to the end and exams were coming close, I was in extreme tension and pressure from studies. I wanted to read or watch something inspirational that could bring back my focus towards studies but nothing seemed to work. And then I watched " The SECRET movie". I cannot express in words how that movie changed my life, my attitude, ME.

I have a habit of maintaining a personal diary, writing all my experiences if not daily but once in a while. After watching " The Secret Movie", I reread my Diary and was shocked. During the time of study leave, I wrote in my Diary almost every day. My diary only contained.. "My plans for studying, my failure to achieve those plans, negative feelings, dissatisfaction" and nothing else.

After reading " The Secret" , I started afresh, prepared a new diary, this time too I maintained short term goals and plans for studying. If i couldn't complete those plans, instead of being negative and blaming myself, I started praising myself for trying hard to complete. Since  I watched the movie quite late, I didn't have much time to complete my syllabus. I still  decided to give my exams anyhow and left everything to the Universe.

During the exams I went through nervous breakdown many times, especially before tough papers. The first 2 papers went really bad but anyhow I managed to give my exams. It was a big achievement for me. Everyday before leaving for my examinations, I used to write in my Diary that " Today's paper will be really simple and easy"

After giving my exams I used to THANK the UNIVERSE for making my papers easy, No matter how bad my papers went.

After the examinations too I followed " The Secret" diligently. I edited a Mark sheet , filled it with my desired marks and stuck it on my shelf. I also drew a sketch of me receiving a Trophy for clearing my examinations and stuck it on my shelf. 2 days before my results, I had scheduled an application, to send me a text message every 4 hours, "Congratulating me" on clearing my examinations.

The result day arrived, I had told my mom to check the results and call me when they are out.The results were declared, when I received a call from my Mom, before answering the call, I THANKED God, The Universe for clearing me. I received the call and my Mom told me the great news " I HAD CLEARED AN EXAMINATION WHICH IS PERCEIVED TO BE ONE OF THE TOUGHEST EXAMINATION IN THE FIRST ATTEMPT"

My happiness knew no bounds. Thank you so much " The Secret".

Guys, this does not mean that Hardwork is not rewarded.  I am not sharing this story to make people stop studying and just read " The Secret". Nothing comes without hard work. But you must also "BELIEVE" that you CAN do it.!!! This story is to make people realise that " BEING POSITIVE"  can create wonders. TRUST  yourself and you WILL definitely succeed..!! Even if you don't have much time left for studies, this story may inspire you to " Never Give Up", keep the FAITH and give your exams.

ALL THE BEST...!!!