I just want to live like every tv

A teacher from a primary school asks her students to write an essay 


 

about what they would like God to do for them.


 

 


 

At the end of the day while marking the essays, 


 

she reads one that made her very emotional.


 

 


 

Her husband, who had just walked in saw her crying 


 

and asked her what happened.


 

 


 

She answered: ' Read this essay'


 

 


 

"Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special: 


 

Make me into a television. 


 

I want to take its place. 


 

Live like the TV in my house. 


 

 


 

Have my own special place and have my family around me.


 

To be taken seriously when I talk. 


 

I want to be the centre of attention 


 

and be heard without interruptions or questions.


 

 


 

I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives 


 

when it is not working. 


 

Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work,


 

 even when he is tired.


 

 


 

I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, 


 

instead of just shouting at me or ignoring me. 


 

I want to feel that my family just leaves everything aside,       


 

every now and then, just to spend some time with me. 


 

 


 

Lord I don't ask you for much.... I just want to live like every TV"


 

 


 

At that moment the husband said ' Poor child. 


 

What horrible parents' 


 

His wife looked up at him and said,


 

' That essay is our son's'.
 




 

Replies (10)

crying. thanx 4 sharing

At one time even i thought " Poor Child" but the end is really surprising.. The story is a unique one.. Keep sharing..

No words..really a heart touching story..i believe there are somany parents like them..

Originally posted by : Ankit Hinduja
At one time even i thought " Poor Child" but the end is really surprising.. The story is a unique one..

Keep sharing..

THANX...

heart touching article

very true and touching lines 
yaar Emotions dil ko chhute hain 

 

nice post. thanks for sharing.

Tanvi ji....really touching story...............

 

Thanx 4 Sharing ........ many child feel d same.............:-((

 

Hope dere parents too understand dis........

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details