Venkat Iyer (Accountant) 15 March 2013
1. Whether a HUF Karta can become a Director of a Private Limited Company.
2. Is DIN No. in the capacity of a HUF Karta Director required.
3. Remuneration to a HUF Karta Director will be computed in his Individual Income Or HUF income
4. Interest on Deposit paid to a HUF Karta Director will be computed in his Individual Income Or HUF income
5. What are the other legal formalities to be fulfilled if a HUF Karta is a Promotor of a Private Limited Company.
Please reply..... ..
CAclubindia Online Learning offers a wide variety of online classes and video lectures for various professional courses such as CA, CS, CMA, CISA as well as various certification courses on GST, Transfer Pricing, International Taxation, Excel, Tally, FM, Ind AS and more. know more
Hanish Chaudhary (Chartered Accountant) 15 March 2013
As per Section 253 of Companies Act, 1956, only an individual shall be appointed as a director of the private limited company. No body corporate, association or firm can be appointed as a director.
An individual can be a Karta of one HUF on one hand and a director of the company on the other hand. The company compliances have nothing to do with HUF. The director salary paid to the individual shall be taxable in his own hand as Income from Salary. Simillary interest income shall be taxable in the hands of individual only under the head "Income from other sources". It is irrelevant that the individual is also a Karta in HUF.
Kaveri Agarwal 06 May 2017
please tell me that how can i apply din for huf......... for example, if Mr.A is going to be the director of company and Mr.A(huf) is going to be the subscriber of the company, while applying din the name will be used as Mr.A or Mr.A (huf)