Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HRA not shown in form 16

khushbu (assistant ) (46 Points)

27 October 2021  
i want to ask regarding HRA deduction,
if in form 16 HRA not shown/claimed during calculation of Tax,
Can I take that H.R.A amount as deduction under sec 10(13)A while calculating tax iin ITR ?

6 Replies

Tushar Shikhar (4 Points)
Replied 27 October 2021

Even I have the same query.. Last year I've filed return for my brother there was no HRA in Form 16 but there was HRA shown in salary slip.. So I did the calculations for exemption of HRA and claimed the deduction. The return was processed with no defects.. Still I wanna know if it's correct to claim the deduction or not. I believe it is correct because I'm not claiming any false deduction.

Replied 27 October 2021

It means I can take deduction while filling itr
1 Like

Tushar Shikhar (4 Points)
Replied 27 October 2021

In my opinion we can take.. But I'm not sure about it.. If anyone else could confirm on this?

Giridhar S Karandikar (Team Lead) (7395 Points)
Replied 27 October 2021

Yes while calculating your tax liability while filing the return you can consider it and claim exemption. if any refund is there you can claim it from dept after filing the return.
2 Like

Janak Shah (ca) (560 Points)
Replied 27 October 2021

The first question here is, do you get HRA as part of your package? If yes then it should be mentioned in salary slip or form 16.
Secondly the income tax department does reconciliation between deductions shown in Form 16 and return filled. So if you have any proof of HRA being a component of your salary it can be claimed in the return. Otherwise you might get a notice and the burden of proof that you have claimed the HRA deduction rightly will fall on you.
2 Like

Replied 13 November 2021

Thanks for everyone who answered my quary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags