Share More

HRA is fully taxable or not?

harish .k (STUDING)     17 February 2011

harish .k
STUDING 
 28 likes  306 points

| My Other Post

Hi friends......

I have a query regading HRA u/s 10(13A)  .An Assessee of Central Govt Employee , is receiving HRA     i,e, ( 72000 Pa) from Govt and he Let out his own Residential house on Let out basis @ Rs 2700 pm and he is leaving in a Rental house paying Rent @ 5400 pm , My question is that can an assessee can claim Rent paid on his house from the HRA received amount u/s 10(13A) or not.

He is also Availng House loan taken on his residental  house and repaying every month EMI  around 10000/- pm , 

My query is that he is already having a residental house in the same city  and he let out his house on Rental basis and  staying in other House on rential basis for the past 2 yrs , can he can claim HRA u/s 10(13A) or his HRA received is fully taxable .

IF any mistakes correct me.

Plz reply 

Thanks in Advance

HARISH 

avater

Anuraag Sharma (Sr Executive Finance)     17 February 2011

Anuraag Sharma
Sr Executive Finance 
 108 likes  835 points

View Profile | My Other Post

he can claim HRA claim u/s10(13A) immaterail of the fact that he is having his own house in same city

also,

he can claim deduction for interest on house loan paid from Income taxable under the head house property for the house let out.....

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Anuraag Sharma

he can claim HRA claim u/s10(13A) immaterail of the fact that he is having his own house in same city

also,

he can claim deduction for interest on house loan paid from Income taxable under the head house property for the house let out.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register