Hra and interest on housing loan allowability

Hi,

I have purchased a flat in Kolkata on loan for which I am paying Interest (The amount exceeds 1.5 lakh). I am currently not staying in the flat due to distance and have shifted to a rented apartment in Kolkata itself, paying rent of 16,000 p.m. I recieve HRA from my firm. I am claiming deduction of principal of 1 lakh U/S 80C. I would like to know if I can claim deduction of Housing Loan Interest U/S 24 and HRA U/S 10(13A).

I need to urgently submit my tax planning to my company or they would be deducting tax. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Replies (2)

Dear Mridul,

As far as my Limited Knowledge is concern,

Bindas go ahead, with claim Exemption Housing Loan Interest U/S 24 and HRA U/S 10(13A).

Absolutely No problem,

regards

BHAVIN SHETH

yes, you can claim HRA u/s 10(13A) as well as interest under section 24.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details