Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divya (nil)     08 August 2016


am paying a rent of 144000 p.a,but my company giving 60000 as deduction,am producing PAN of my owner,can i claim balance amount as deuction in my ITR 1?

 2 Replies

saurabh kumar

saurabh kumar (Tax Consultant)     08 August 2016

In case of HRA, exemption would be least of the the following

actual HRA Received

rent paid in excess of 10% of Salary(salary includes basic+D.A+Fixed commission if any)

40%(in any other city)/50% salary (in Delhi/Kolkata/Mumbai/Chennai)

You can calculate yourself and know whether your employer has done right or not?If any difference you can claim it through a new form 12BB





Vineet Goyal

Vineet Goyal (Assistant Manager - Finance & Accounts)     13 October 2016

You can calculate your HRA exemption at below link. Very easy to calculate. No need to do any manual calculation.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags