How to submit documents to it department for returns filed for 2017-2018

Hi Respected members,

I have submitted my IT return for FY 2017-2018 on 31st Dec 2018, this was late filing of tax, with penalty.
I have shown Interest of Rs 2 Lakhs and Principal of Rs 74000 for the entire FY 2017-2018. The property was taken possession of in June 2017, though they had started giving possession in March 2017. I did not claim other category for property below 50 lakhs , since I didnt understand well.

I filed taxes myself on incometaxindia website. I am a salaried person with taxable income less than 5 lakhs, including exemption availed for Home loan. My question is how do I submit my documents to Income tax department, for them to verify the correctness and avoid getting a notice on this tax returns? Also I am entitled for a refund, but I am not sure if process is done correctly by me, since there was no way of submission of documents. 

What are the possible documents I should submit?

Is there a possibility of any other problem arising from this?

Thank you so much for your response in advance.

Replies (3)
"What are the possible documents I should submit?"
No. You do not have to submit any document/attachment along with ITR
In case of any query, you may upload them.
 
 
Is there a possibility of any other problem arising from this?
Not at all. If you have filled ITR properly, no need to worry. If verified,,,  wait for its processing.
Originally posted by : Dhirajlal Rambhia
"What are the possible documents I should submit?"

No. You do not have to submit any document/attachment along with ITR

In case of any query, you may upload them.

 

 

Is there a possibility of any other problem arising from this?
Not at all. If you have filled ITR properly, no need to worry. If verified,,,  wait for its processing.


Thank you Dhirajlalji.

Its strange, why do companies ask employees to submit all the documents to them?

I didnt submit any to my company.

Dear soni,

You are not required to submit any such documents along with ITR... In case any scrutiny or notice issued, you need to submit the relevant documents

Company is asking to submit documents from the salaried employees for the purpose of deducting TDS... and not for any other purposes....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details