GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tally Gyan (MBA)     12 April 2017

How to set off vat credit for service tax payment in gst?

Dear CAClubian,

Greetings!!

I have query regarding Service tax and vat migration in GST. For supposed that someone has to be liability in service tax along with has Input credit more than its service tax liability, So in this scenario, let me know that Its service tax liability can be set off by Vat Input credit at the time of GST apply.

Thanks for the anticipated response.

With Best Regards
Naveen Sethi
www.sethisolutions.com

5 Replies

Rajesh Kumar

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax)     12 April 2017

No, it cannot be done. Service Tax liability shall be paid in cash before GST implementation. Extra VAT credit shall be taken in GST as SGST credit. Later it can be used to pay SGST or IGST as needed.

MUKESH BHATTER

MUKESH BHATTER (PROFESSIONAL)     12 April 2017

Once the GST is in force -The service tax  liability would be CGST liability & VAT input Credit would be SGST Credit .

Credit Setoff Rules as per DRAFT is as under-

IGST payments can be set off against –Credit of IGST, CGST, SGST 

CGST payments can be set off against –Credit of IGST and CGST 

SGST payments can be set off against – Credit of IGST and SGST .

Conclusion : Setoff would not be possible.

Tally Gyan

Originally posted by : Rajesh Kumar
No, it cannot be done. Service Tax liability shall be paid in cash before GST implementation. Extra VAT credit shall be taken in GST as SGST credit. Later it can be used to pay SGST or IGST as needed.

Thanks a lot sir, for this nice explanation of my GST query. God bless you! I hope this post'll clear many doubts of GST concern.
And request you kindly subscribe my You tube channel of Tally Gyan 

Tally Gyan

Thanks a lot Sir.....You describe the whole GST process extremly very well.I would like to forward your explanation to others so that everyone can understand the right process of GST set off.god bless you !!

Tally Gyan

Govindh Nadipalli

Govindh Nadipalli   30 June 2017

sir....... is there any process for that ........ or else automatically climed????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register