How to score exemption in CA Inter Audit

Shadab Hussain (341 Points)

22 May 2022  

'Auditing and Assurance' is called one of most difficult theory subject to clear in CA Inter. It's not because of hardship in understanding the subject but for low score in exams. This subject is one of the main contributor for not clearing CA Inter 2nd Group. 

This is Shadab Hussain, AIR 1 CA Final and AIR 24 CA Inter. In this article, we'll discuss top mistakes to avoid while preparing for CA Inter 'Auditing and Assurance' and score exemption.

1. Give importance to theory subject as well. It's generally seen that students rush to complete Accounts, Cost, FM, Tax on time and leave theory subjects like law and audit for last months. Students should note that all subjects should be given proper attention and proper plan should be made for coaching for theory subjects as well.

2. Students refrain from practicing theory subjects. We can see almost every student solving practical sums of Accounts, Costing but hardly find someone solving audit questions on paper. As a result, they don't learn writing skills of theory subject. Further, our retention capacity increases when we write something.

3. Refrain from Mock Test. If you read a book on "how to swim" and just take a dive into river, obviously you'll not be able to swim. All we need is practice, evaluation and correction. Students should attend atleast 2 Mock Test for audit subject.

4. Concept Building is imperative. Noone can mug-up all the text of study material. One has to be very conceptual and logical in understanding the subject. It's not necessary to write ICAI's language in exam paper but your answer should convey your thoughts in concise, clear and logical way.

I was also afraid of Audit subject initially. But when I studied it with practical approach, I started loving it. I have taken an initiative to provide logical and practical understanding  of the subject on my YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/c/CAShadabHussain for the benefit of all CA aspirants.