How to recover hidden folders using attribute changer

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)

05 August 2012  

My 500 Gb Hard drive had some folders... and i hv given it one of my frnd...after receiving back, i found that the space in drive as it is bt the some folders is not there...when i opt to show hidden files and folders in the Folder option...again no folders is there...i hv one tool i.e. Disk Explorer installed in my PC , when i analyze/explored my drive using that tool, all the missing folders is showing in that tool. When i see the folder properties of those folders, In Attribute section wht i see is that Green square (not tick mark) Read Only option is checked and also Hidden option is tick marked (not green square) but this hidden option is dehighlighted i.e i can't change that one...When i searched over net i found a software called Attribute changer-7 using which we can change attributes. But problem is when i right click on my hard drive and click Change attribute.

So anyone pls guide me in changing attributes. I'm confused Which option to check and which to uncheck.

One more thing is that in mydrive one folder is there called “System Volume Information”. When I try to open that folder,  a window containing message is being reflected. The msg is as follows” G:\ System Volume Information is not accessible” and in 2nd line “Access is denied”

So pls anyone olve my prob as soon as possible….i am very much afraid of my data in those folders..pls suggest a successful step by step method to solve this without losing any data.

Be in mind that my all folders are not viewable even clicking Show hidden folders but when I explres it in a disk explorer software, it shows all my files and folders. Also when i see drive space in my computer, it is full. Pls solve my prob…