How governemt fixes the aadhar link to a particular date when there is mismatch of details

jraju (Others) (274 Points)

08 July 2018  

Hi, As a normal person, i do not know, how the Government fix a particular fixed date for linking aadhar with pan. The website is not user friendly citing security reason. Pan card were supplied long back with the available records of individual at that time. But aadhar details have been introduced later . So, there is bound to be mismatch in most of the records including name in pan and aadhar. When i tried to change the pan online, it was not successful at a few attempts. I then tried thro the e seva centre. Now it will take close to 30 to 40 days to update the same. The status is the same under process.

Just imagine the plight of so much indviduals who will not be able to file income tax return for the latest year without the linking of aadhar and pan onlilne. I do not know whether this point has been referred to the courst which is following the matter. I tried to submit a grievance to PG website central government, but there too the websites are not user friendly. It would not allow you that much easily to submit a grievance.

Do the experts of income tax matters say how to overcome these unwanted hurdles in just filing the income tax.

The onlilne portal should be such that the individual is able to use it. Just imagine the plilght of so many individuals whose details mismatch. I will say that aadhar name was coined with individuals name followed by fathers name.But pan was given based on older records including rateion card, and other details prevalent at the time. How you expect everybody to link aadhar.

Moreover it involves unnecessary duplicate charges for pan and i do not think that it will be easy as they say. Leaving all the existing pan users,  a system of instant pan was introduced.  May be that they could just link aadhar , but what about existing aadhar users? Anybody expert in this line to solve this issue