House Property Income

Due to redevelopment of building an individual take home on rent & paying 10,000/- as rent.

He is getting 6,000/- as a rent from builder who is redevelping building.

Now what will be the effect in the Income tax return of Individual ?

Is he claim loss under House Property Income or not ?

If yes than can it be adjusted against any other head of Income ?

Regards,

Replies (7)

In such case there is no loss from house property.

Loss arises when the house is kept vacant and only the Interest on Loan is utilised in computing house property income.




Regards,

Devendra K

Only interest on loan for house property can be treated as loss under the head Income from H. P.

Loss mentioned above can not be claimed.

OK

if I can not claim loss than in that case what effect should I give in ITR

Should I show income from House Property OR should not disclose anything at all in ITR ?

Please reply

 

Originally posted by : KIYOSH

OK

if I can not claim loss than in that case what effect should I give in ITR

Should I show income from House Property OR should not disclose anything at all in ITR ?

Please reply

 

such expenses are incurred for living, and would be accounted in drawings. 

Originally posted by : U S Sharma




Originally posted by : KIYOSH






OK

if I can not claim loss than in that case what effect should I give in ITR

Should I show income from House Property OR should not disclose anything at all in ITR ?

Please reply

 






such expenses are incurred for living, and would be accounted in drawings. 

 You mean to say I have to show House rent income 50400 (i.e 72000 (6000 X 12) Less 30% deduction on it) & payment of 1,20,000/-  (10000 X 12) to be put in withdrawal.

OR

I have to show NIL house rent income as actual rent recd 72000/- & rent paid 1,20,000/-

Please reply.

you are getting reimbursement of your rent, its not rent income, 

rent income is for letting out your house on rent.

48000(12000-72000) is your drawings expenses and there is no provision in ITR to clain it as deduction. 

if a person owns the property for the whole previous year and it was vacant for the whole year, is there any chance that GAV can be taken as NIL as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961??? 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details