Rail Budget 2016-17 : No Hike in Passenger Fare and Others Customer Interface
- Interaction and feedback through social media & dedicated IVRS
- Making travel comfortable by generating over 65,000 additional berths, installing 2,500 water vending machines; introducing ‘Mahamana Express’ with modern refurbished coaches; 17,000 bio-toilets in trains; world’s first Bio-Vacuum toilet developed.
- Improving punctuality – operations audit for Ghaziabad to Mughalsarai
- Ticketing: Introduced 1,780 Automatic Ticket Vending Machines, mobile apps & GoIndia smartcard for cashless purchase of UTS and PRS tickets, enhanced capacity of e-ticketing system from 2,000 tickets per minute to 7,200 tickets per minute and to support 1,20,000 concurrent users as against only 40,000
- Social initiatives: One-time registration for availing concessions while booking tickets online, online booking of wheelchairs & Braille enabled new coaches introduced for the Divyang, increased quota of lower berths for senior citizens and women, middle bays reserved in coaches for
- Wi-Fi provided in 100 stations, to be provided in 400 more;
- Stations being redeveloped – financial bid received for Habibganj, Bhopal; Cabinet approval for stations to be taken up under
- Security through helplines & CCTVs
- Safety – 350 manned level crossings closed, eliminated 1,000 unmanned level crossings, 820 ROB/RUB completed in the current year and work going on in 1,350 of them.