Share More

Help with tax for contract with international company

Kel (Software Engineer)     18 July 2020

Kel
Software Engineer 
 23 points

| My Other Post

Hi

I am a software professional, I have started to work for an international organisation since sometime, my income may be around 35 lakh.

I would like to know what options do I have for tax saving, what legal documents do I need for doing the job.

Am I eligible for an IEC certificate and an EEFC account, if so would getting those help me in any way?

avater

Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    19 July 2020

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/

avater

Raj C Doshi (Practising CA)     19 July 2020

Raj C Doshi
Practising CA 
 289 likes  4107 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If you are salaried employee,then no need of IEC or EEFC account. If you are engaged in professional capacity, you will be required to obtain IEC,GST. EEFC account is optional in both cases.

Kel (Software Engineer)     20 July 2020

Kel
Software Engineer 
 23 points

The company has no physical presence in India, so they cannot employ me thus the job technically is a contract on paper.

What tax benefits can I get working as a contractor for foreign company?

Can IEC and GST be applied online?

avater

Raj C Doshi (Practising CA)     20 July 2020

Raj C Doshi
Practising CA 
 289 likes  4107 points

IEC AND GST can be applied online.
Proper PROFESSIONAL contract would be necessary so that the GST converts your inward remittance of foreign currency into INR.
There are No Direct Tax benefits as a contractor however tax planning can be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x