Gstr 3b-two queries

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant) (699 Points)

18 January 2018  

1.As per a member of the Forum, if there is ITC balance, we have to compulsorily use the ITC first (subject to applicable rules) and then only cash balance. Otherwise, error message will come in GSTR-3B filing process. Is it true?

2. So far I have never entered any ITC in GSTR-3B. My suppliers are very lethargic in GSTR-1 filing. Now, one supplier (Airtel)  has submitted but not filed GSTR-1 and that too upto October only whereas BSNL has not even uploaded bills from August onwards. Now, should I enter ITC for all inward bills upto Nov 2017 in GSTR-3B for December 2017? If so, will the Dept question on excess amount of ITC credit in December (since the suppliers will show the bills in periods upto November whereas I enter in GSTR-3B in December only)? Can I rely on Circular No 26/26/2017-GST dated 29 December 2017 on Filing of Returns under GST wherein it is stated inter alia that if there is underreporting of input credit in GSTR-3B for a particular month which is also filed, the short-fall can be added in GSTR-3B for subsequent months?

Thanks.