Gst registration cancellation

Dear Sir/Madam,

               I have been filling my NIL gst since May 2018 and I recently filed my last return of November 2018 and I am registered under composition levy scheme. So my question is how  can I cancel my registration (I haven't done a single transaction since registration no purchase no sale). Please help me with the procedure with the cancellation process.

Replies (5)
You may apply for cancellation of registration through online mode itself. In registration/service tab, you will find the option to apply for cancellation.
agreed with ashish bansal
And after cancellation you should have to file GSTR10 Return within 90 days of cancellation order.If delay to file it may be attract penalty
You have to file Form REG 16 for cancellation.
Follow these steps :
Login > Services Tab > Registration > Application for cancellation of Registration > Fill and Submit the Form
You will receive Order for Cancellation in Form REG 19, if successfull.
File GSTR 10 (Final Return) within 90 days of the date of Order for Cancellation.

Sir are you sure I can cancell the registration as it has only been 7 months and I am in composition levy scheme.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details