Do i need to pay GST on Insurance claim received due to loss of goods in flood?
No GST is not Applicable on Insurance Claim Received.
Receipt of Claim is not a Supply in accordance with GST Act
@ Ninad Taralekar
ITC needs to be reversed in case of goods lost in terms of provisions of Section 17(5)(h) of the CGST, Act, 2017. File DRC-03 for the same and reverse the ITC availed on such goods at the time of purchase.
Yes, either you can pay GST on Rs. 6 Lakh or reverse GST input on 6 Lakh. As per my view.
What the supplier has to do? Supplier has supplied the material with payment of GST. Can he avail the ITC.
I apologize for being a little off-topic; I wanted to consult you.
| Originally posted by : Rachel | ||
![]() |
I apologize for being a little off-topic; I wanted to consult you. |
![]() |
So, I have a small flower shop. Recently, during the rain, the shop was flooded. Water got on the electrical wiring, and the lights went out all over the building. We called the electricians. They fixed everything, but they said that it was due to a violation of the design of the rainwater drainage system. Also, later we called the service for drying and cleaning the carpet https://majesticflooddamagerestoration.com.au/carpet-drying-ballan/. I believe that the architect made a mistake that caused the flood, and we have the right to demand compensation from the owner of the building. I would like to hear your opinion on this issue.
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies
Click here to Login / Register
Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm
Hyderabad
CA Inter
View Details
Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant
Bengaluru
CA Foundation
View Details
Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants
Pune
CA Inter
View Details
Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd
New Delhi
CA Inter
View Details
MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY
Noida
CA Inter
View Details
KK & Company Chartered Accountant
Pune
CA Inter
View Details
CCI
Pro
India's largest network for
finance professionals