GST mandatory when exporting services?

I am an independent consultant from Pune providing IT consultancy services to a client in Europe. I have registered a sole proprietorship registered and I send an invoice monthly and get payment after forex conversion. My annual income exceeded 20 lakhs last year. I came to know that I am required to get a GST registration now. But I live in a rented apartment and my landlord has refused to provide NOC. I have heard that GST registration using virtual offices are often rejected and getting a commercial space just for GST is expensive (10-12 k per month). Am I required to apply for GST even though I am exporting my services outside India? If yes, is there any easy way to get GST registration? Please advise. Appreciate help from experts here.

Replies (1)

GST registration is compulsory for export of services regardless of turnover. Exports are zero-rated, so no GST is payable, but registration and LUT are mandatory. Landlord NOC is not legally required; a rent agreement and utility bill are sufficient. Use your residential address or a co-working space—avoid cheap virtual offices.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details