Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gst cancellation status

Ramya Bhat   08 March 2021

Ramya Bhat

8 likes  206 points

| My Other Post
one of our client had applied for the gst cancellation...
we have canelled the gst registration also..
now the gst department had given the notice to us for not filing the gst returns of the January 2021 ..we have cancelled registration after filing all the returns up to date...
now in the portal in the profile it is showing that gst/uin status as suspended.....
pls guide us....
Sourav

Sourav (Student)     08 March 2021

Sourav
Student 
 564 likes  9293 points

View Profile | My Other Post
It is possible that any pending tax payment is due that's why department send notice for non filing of return
Pankaj Rawat

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     08 March 2021

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3681 likes  49958 points

As per Rule 21A of CGST , the registration is deemed to be suspended from day when cancellation of registration has been filed & in term of sub rule 3 such person is not required to furnished any return under section 39.
So in my view there might be reason for SCN :
1. supposing that you have file cancellation on 5/1/2021 then you are not required to file any return (u/s 39) from 5/1/2021 but for 1/1/2021 to 4/1/2021 you are liable to furnish the return.

2. Kindly check if you were the registered person then Required to Furnish Final return (GSTr 10) within 3 months. from date of cancellation.

3. SCN in term of Section 73 can be issued within 3 year from the due date of Annual Return & u/s 74 it is 5 years.

4 **In term of Section 29(3) cancellation of Registration shall not affect the liability of person to pay tax & other dues.

So in short visit to your Jurisdiction Circle with all your relevant documents & reply to SCN .
anil jain

anil jain (Partner)     10 March 2021

anil jain
Partner 
 31 likes  728 points

make login, check that all the returns are filed till date of application of registration.

If not filed, after filing all , write a reply to the notice mentioning that you have filed all the return till the date of applying for cancellation.

Spurto Consultancy Services

Spurto Consultancy Services (Consultant)     10 March 2021

Spurto Consultancy Services
Consultant 
 104 likes  1891 points

If the registration order has been passed then please check the date of cancellation. 

File the monthly return in which the cancellation became effective.

If there is no pending return then write a reply to your jurisdictional officer and ignore these reminders. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Trending Tags