GST cancellation

Sir, if I m not filing gst not paying tax then responsible person from GST department should msg me,notify me,alert me but not a single msg for paying gst given by the Department.
Now what I should do?
I should go and pay all the liabilities or take a legal advice, please advice me.
Practicing Professional

GST department is already issuing notices to taxpayers who have not filed their returns for 3 months or more.
better to file all pending returns with applicable late fees.
Final Student of ICAI

If there is no business, please pay the late fee for all months, file nil return and apply for cancellation of Registration. Else if you have transaction,not filed any return means pay the tax due along with interest at 18% and file returns properly. If authorities order filing or take up scrutiny they may impose 24% interest.