Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh Vekariya   03 October 2017

GST AMOUNT IN INVOICE

Dear Expert,

I need clarity for the following matter:

As a trader, I registered under GST Act as a regular tax payer. I m trading fashion wear and i m raising invoice to end user with GST tax rate as may be applicable on such items.

now issue is that customer are not willing to pay GST and i m not willing to sell goods without gst.

So can i mention only total amount of Invoice. if i also declare that this amount is inclusive of GST?

Ex. a customer buy some clothes worth Rs. 600 and GST @ 5% is Rs.30 hence total is RS.630.

but can i make invoice of Rs.630 without bifurcation of GST tax and basic value?

7 Replies

g mahesh Mundra

g mahesh Mundra (Business and tax consultant)     03 October 2017

no you cannot make such invoice and it's an offence and you maybe penalized but if your turnover is below 75 lakhs you may opt for composition that time you can raise a such invoice but in that invoice also you should mention as a composite tax paid dealer
RAJA P M

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     03 October 2017

As per rule it's not correct...
But, Based on business dealing you can give above said way...
Advisable to don't be giving invoices. Just give "Cash memo or Any other Receipt".
After you can create invoice for your convenient...
1 Like
Nilesh Vekariya

thx to both of you, but I have one more query and is that, is there any issue arise on issuance of cash memo at the time of inspection of my premises by Tax authority ?
GANESH BHAT

GANESH BHAT   03 October 2017

If u r registered under GST means it's mandatory to issue the invoice inclusive of tax.U should not use handwritten bills.Need to use the computer bills including invoice amount,cgst amount and sgst/ugst separately
RAJA P M

As per rule no more restriction for B2C Sales. Bcoz, we can create bills for Consolidated for one day / Month....
Also based in Business your customers are not satisfied then you ll be follow above said way and create invoice per day wise. No more restriction for B2C sales.

But,
The same who want invoice then you ll be give Tax Invoice...
Nilesh Vekariya

Thank you so much
RAJA P M

You are welcome..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »