Gst 3b late filing fees of august observed while filing sept

niket (CA) (33 Points)

19 October 2017  

GST LATE FILING FEES OF AUGUST OBSERVED WHILE FILING SEPTEMBER GSTR3B

Government of India assured that there will be no penalty or late fees for GST return filing for first 2 months vide their press release dated 18th June 2017 on Govt official website. Now when we file the GSTR 3B for the month of September, we are charged for the late fees for August period. 

https://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=165735

There were many glitches in their GST filing website during the August 3B filing last date i.e. 20th September. Also, due to heavy rains in Mumbai, employees were not able to come to office. Also, relying on the above mentioned GOI press release of no late fees and penalty for first two months, many tax consultant were awaiting for formal notification for extension of  GSTR 3B filing date for August as it becomes impossible to complete all the returns by the due date when you are facing the situation of website and manpower problems. Getting data from the clients on time is another big problem which we are trying to resolve but we have no control over the GSTN return filing site or natural calamities. 

Many have submitted the returns and not filed because of expectation of extension relying on above formal press release by Government of India. I personally submitted few returns on 22nd September and at that time late fees of Rs.400 was showing and hence I did not filed the same hoping of extension of filing date like July GSTR 3B. Also, note that during July returns, they charged late fees for the first 5 days after last date of filing until a formal notification came for extension. Anyone who paid the late fees did not get it back yet even after the formal notification of July GSTR 3B last date extension. 

When I was trying to find out solution for my problems then I came across many consultants and CA who are struck with same problems. The penalty they are sitting across is running in Lakhs and they are very worried. 

I tried to call helpdesk of GST but they refused to take any complaint through call and asked me to write in feedback option of CBEC.GOV.IN but to my surprise after writing all my thoughts I was not able to submit the same. Hence, I am writing in here so that whoever faces the same problem can share and and atleast Government keep to their words.

Its necessary that we raise our concern else they will take us on ride and do whatever they want. Please mail your concern to escalation.cbecmitra @ icegate.gov.in

Also share this post on facebook 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1550398968351039&id=100001428519151