CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goods or Services

sanjay sharma (Manager Accounts)     09 August 2020

sanjay sharma
Manager Accounts 
 32 points

| My Other Post

DS infratech(Contractor) is a proprietor firm, have taken contract to construction a building with materials and labour.

If wants to take GST registration than type of registration under

* "GOODS" or "SERVICES " ??
* Can claime Input GST ?
* What will be HSN and SAC code?

Please advice

annu Goyal   09 August 2020

annu Goyal

 76 likes  1084 points

View Profile | My Other Post

As the construction contract involved both labour and material it will consider as works contract and it considered as service taxable @ 18%

Yes, Input will be available only when it is input service for further supply and if any construction relating to machinery then you can take otherwise not
As per sec 17(5)
works contract services when supplied for construction of an immovable property [other than plant and machinery] except where it is an input service for further supply of works contract service;

1 Like

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     09 August 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3566 likes  48182 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Input to work Contractor is always available , whether he is supplying to developer or end customer.

Note : its not available when he supplies for construction of his own building. means its not available to ultimate customer.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x