Gift to mother

Anurag (service)     03 August 2019

 24 points

| My Other Post

Sir, If I gift money to my mother through bank account transfer (or cheque) then for tax purpose do I need to maintain any document for this ? Or the bank records are sufficient to answer any future income tax scrutiny ?

My mother is planning to use this amount for senior citizen FD. I understand that clubbing provision doesn't apply when money is gifted to parents.



Kapadia Pravin   03 August 2019

Kapadia Pravin

 499 likes  8088 points

View Profile | My Other Post

yes you can do. Bank records are sufficient


subhagan sreerangam   03 August 2019

subhagan sreerangam

 145 likes  5675 points

View Profile | My Other Post

good clarification and information


Durgesh Mourya   04 August 2019

Durgesh Mourya

 6 likes  214 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You mention gift to Mother in Return's and in Mother's Return you have to mention receiving of Gifts. You have to mention all these in ITR of both persons. Similarly FD etc mentioning required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »