GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support,whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (NA)     12 October 2021

Gift given by relative !

Hi !

When gift being immovable property is given by specified relative being donor to donee, the ownership is also transferred by donor , then how come income generated from that immovable property by donee clubbed to the donors income  ?

10 Replies

Raj C Doshi

Raj C Doshi (Practising CA)     13 October 2021

Clubbing happens when the donee is the spouse or the son's wife and the transaction is done otherwise than for adequate transaction.
Sourav

Sourav (Student)     13 October 2021

It will be clubbed under donor's hands
Venkat

Venkat (NA)     13 October 2021

Hi ! 

Thanks ! So you mean that , if the said Txn is bw relations other than stated by you above  , then the income generated from the gift will not be clubbed with the donors income. Pl correct me if I'm wrong.

Venkat

Hi ! 

Thanks ! So you mean that , if the said Txn is bw relations other than stated by you above  , then the income generated from the gift will not be clubbed with the donors income. Pl correct me if I'm wrong.

Venkat

Hi ! Thanks ! So you mean that , if the said Txn is bw relations other than stated by you above , then the income generated from the gift will not be clubbed with the donors income. Pl correct me if I'm wrong.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/gift-given-by-relative--581963.asp?offset=1

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     17 October 2021

Transactions between relatives are exempt
vijayakumar

vijayakumar (proprietor)     21 October 2021

Learned gentle men , 

Thank you very much for all your efforts & valuble time . My query is -I have a (self earned ) plot which I bought in 2002 for 5 lac. A small portion of this I want to transfer as a gift to my employee who was with me for 40 years with out any consideration. The govt value of this plot is 70 lac . Is there any tax for the employee . I do not want any problem for him as he is not educated.. Pl help me.

vijayakumar

Venkat

Venkat (NA)     22 October 2021

Hi !

Yes it's fully taxable if the stamp duty value exceeds ₹ 50,000/- for the piece of land gifted without consideration. Moreover PAN is mandatory for registeration of land in the employees name.

vijayakumar

vijayakumar (proprietor)     22 October 2021

Respected sir,

Pl - my reasoning is like this .

Income tax= the tax on your actual income, .( the provident fund contribution is not taxed as i have not recd in my hand, )  Gifttax= If I recd any gift in the form of money - it can be treated as an income. Suppose I receive an elephant - as a gift - -how can I be taxed.. if I sell this elephant -receive any amount as money -then the reasoning is correct. On a similar note - employees receive shares -which are paper - & unless it is sold they will not see the money. 

In these lines -what this employee receives is a deemed value& until he sells in his lifetime he will not earn any money . Then how he can be taxed.

Venkat

Venkat (NA)     22 October 2021

Hi ,

Any immovable property rec'd as gift by donee ( being employee ) from donor  ( employer) with no consideration is taxable in the hands of a donee  if the stamp duty  value of gift exceeds ₹ 50,000/- as is in your case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags