Gift from relatives

Mayank (Sr.Accountant) (152 Points)

30 July 2011  

Hi Friends

I want to know that my grandmother wants to give cash gift to my mother by which my mother will purchase a house.

my mother does not have any other income because she is a housewife therefore she is not filling any income tax return.


Is there any requirement to file any paper to AO for declaring that the amount recd is a part of gift?


kindly rply soon