From 31 to 63 in isca!!!

vikas verma (Chartered Accountant) (282 Points)

23 January 2015  

This was my second attempt. My first attempt got ruined solely due to ISCA - despite getting 426 total I failed. I was devastated. I criticised the ICAI as much as I can. I was a rank holder in IPCC and now a failure in finals had completely shattered me.

But then days passed. I had applied for certified copy. When I got it I noticed the following things which I would like to share:

MODULE LANGUAGE IS THE GITA- Even if you write what is logically right but not in words of ICAI module then you will have to pay penalty for it. The quantum of penalty is inversely proportional to the level of intellect of the examiner. I got straight 0 in questions where words of module were not found - SAD but true.

ATTEMPTING 100 DOES NOT GUARANTEE 40: This time I attempted 92 and got 63 - just by writing module words.

THIS SUBJECT DOES CHECK THE MEMORY FUNCTION OF YOUR BRAIN AND NOT ANY LOGICAL FUNCTION - Suggested answers sometimes do not even mention the name of the company which is given in case study!!!!! - SAD BUT TRUE!!!!

DO NOT FLAUNT KNOWLEDGE: For those people who say articleship helps in writing CA final. I completely disagree for this subject. I wrote a practical example of a transaction processing system which I saw at my client AND I GOT A ZERO IN THAT.

RULE IS SIMPLE: The closer your language is to module, the more you get. Whether you CRAM IT OR UNDERSTAND THEN CRAM IT thats upto you.

Thanks..