Franchisee business query

I am starting a new business of franchisee of gymnasium to be opened at Vapi

I have entered an agreement with the Franchisor for the same. In this respect, I have the following queries:

  1. Will I be able to get set-off of service tax paid on the One Time Franchisee Fees against the Service Tax Liability on collection of membership fee
  2. I intend to open an office in Mumbai for which I will be obtaining a Shop & Establishment License. Do I need to obtain the same for Vapi as well? In the Shop & Establishment of Mumbai, do I need to mention that centre is at Vapi?
  3. I will have to obtain Service Tax No. Should I apply it for Mumbai address or Vapi Address
  4. The same for Import Export Code
Replies (1)

You will require shop & establishment license at Mumbai as well as Vapi. Even for service tax, two registrations will be required - one in Mumbai and another in Vapi. I doubt you will get input credit in service tax collection.

Wait for more replies.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details