Formalities after New Incorporation of a Pvt. Ltd. Co.

Avinash (Student) (91 Points)

07 May 2010  

Hello, I need to know the steps to be taken after incorporating a Pvt. Ltd. Co. and these are all that I've found. Please do add if I've missed out on something and correct me if I'm wrong.

1) Conduct a Board Meeting within 1 month of incorporation.
2) Pass resolutions for adopting a common seal, opening a bank account and appointing a statutory auditor.
3) Issue Share Certificates to Promoters/Directors, and no resolutions need to be passed for this purpose.
4) File form 23 with ROC and confirm that the Auditor has filed form 23B. (Is there any time limit for this after incorporating?)
5) Maintain Statutory Registers. (Is hard copy a must or is it okay to maintain them on a computer?)

So, if there are no changes, there is nothing else to be done with regards to ROC until the next March 31st? I heard that we must pay stamp duty to issue share certificates. If so, where should we pay the stamp duty if the certificates are printed by ourselves and there are just two promoters/directors? Another thing, a share certificate needs the signs of the Directors and one authorised signatory of somebody else. Can 1 of the director also be that authorised signatory to sign share certificate?

Thanks!