Easy Office

Form 26-AS Update

Page no : 2

RAKESH JAIN (RETIRED COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL)   (369 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

Thanks. I understand that B flag in Remarks  column (last column in 26AS Part A - Details of TDS)  is for correction/Reversal  of TDS entries entered by TDS Deductor (e.g. bank). But, my confusion is why SBH had entered 1 B entry (red colour dated 26-08-2011)  &  one  black entry (also dated 26-8-2011) to correct previous normal black entry (dated 26-03-2011) where as SBI entered 1 B entry (red colour dated 07-03-2011) to correct previous normal black entry (dated 06-02-2010). Also, in case of SB section under which deduction was made was 194A where as similar type of deduction is made under 194? Also, in case of SBI, Sub Total is 0.

These are creating lot of confusions. If any body can explain these it will be very helpful.

Best  regards, RAKESH

RAKESH JAIN (RETIRED COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL)   (369 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

Sorry for minor mistakes in my previous post. Las sentence in first paragraph must be read: Also, in case of SBH section under which deduction was made was 194A where as similar type of deduction by SBI is made under 194? Also, in case of SBI, Sub Total is 0.

Best regards, RAKESH

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

for SBI entry, please visit deductor(SBI), he would be in better position to reply, depending on the nature of deposit instrument. as 194 is deemed dividend, which is paid on some special type of bonds/time deposits.

Dhanabal Ramasamy (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (105 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

Originally posted by : Balaji

Thanks,Suman,but I understand that from A.Y.2011-12 credit for TDS will not be effected by the Department unless the same reflects in Form 26-AS.Especially in case of e-filing since the matching is done by Computers with minimal manual intervention,mere possession of Form 16-A without the corresponding entry in Form 26-AS may not be of much solace.Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks everyone for sparing time for me.

Hai suman..

The Reason for TDS not reflecting in form 26AS is because of non filing of TDS return by the bank. But you need not worry, the TDS can be claimed for 2 assessment year. So you can claim the credit for AY 2012-13.  You are right that non matching the 26AS with the TDS certificates will be a problem as you can claim the credit but in future you may get notice from IT dpt as wrong claim then you have to produce the physical TDS certificate which is tedious job.

(Guest)

Mr. balaji you said you have got the Form 16A. from ICICI Bank.

you verify wheher they have filed their TDS return or not.  (they are not supposed to issue the Form 16A without mentioning the acknowledgemnt  No.)

had they mentioned the acknowledgement no. of the quarterly return then you will find it in your 26AS within2 / 3 days.

Had they issued Form 16A without this.......wait.................................................till they file

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: