Form 16 without tan

Hello Sir,

I received Form 16 from my previous employer without TAN. They mentioned only PAN. My Taxable income is NIL. How can I submit my Return without TAN. Is is possible then how. If it has any rule please mention it. If I missed this yer IT return then can I submit my IT return in the coming years. AT this stage please guide me what should I do. 

N.B. in this they have mentioned 

https://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TaxFinSoft/message/5456

TAN is required only when income tax is deductible from salary. If all the employees are below the taxable limit, then TAN need not be taken On 

 

As an individual How can I submit my return without TAN. Is it something illegal.

 

regards,

Subhankar

Replies (3)
Hi Subhankar, As per the new amendment concern in income tax, you are free from the burden of filing income tax return, as per new rules if a salaried employee whose salary income and interest income is upto rs 5 lac and his/her t.d.s is deducted and no any other tax remain to submit with department . Then that employee is free from the burden of filing i.t.r, in your case your income is below the exemption limit and that is why company not mentioned tan no. In form 16, and at last conclusion is you have no any responsibility to file your i.t.r. This year, Thanks and Regards Suraj Pahuja.

Thanks for your reply.

If IT department is not behind me then its fine. Another query, Absent of TAN of Previous employer, Is it a issue if I applying for a Home loan. I have other documents (like Appoitment and Release letter) for this employer. Please suggest.

 

regards,

Subhankar

No any kind of issue attracts towards having a home loan except the loan amount, if you are planning for home loan then i suggest increase your income by taking the help of any c.a in i.t.r only. Thanks and Regards Suraj Pahuja.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details