Form-16

Hi, I need some guidelines from you all experts regarding Form-16 or income or salary statement.  I am an Engineer.  I resigned from my last company and get relived on 15th May 2010 after perusing a notice period of 2 months. My employer has given me relieving and experience letter both as I followed the notice period. After 1 month of relieving he sent me a full and final settlement in which he did some un-acceptable and un-necessary deductions therefore, I did not accept that full and final settlement yet.  In reply of this full and final settlement I sent a legal notice to my previous employer. He replied the legal notice but the reasons mentioned were not so logical. Later, I did not found enough time to file a case against him as I am out of India now (but I am still thinking to send one more legal notice in next few days and then file a case).  

Although, I am out of India and did not earn any income during last financial year 2010-2011, I would like to file my IT returns (Zero IT return) for the mentioned year.  But at the same time, I asked my previous employer to give me Form-16, but he refused to give me and I think legally I cannot pressurize him for this because he did not cut my Tax at his source (please correct me if I am wrong).

Can anybody suggest me what should I do to get a valid document (form-16 or any other) from my previous employer in which my ‘0’ (zero) income can be reflected. I just want to have a legal proof with me so that I can say to Income tax department (if needed) that I was not having any income during the past year.

BR

Rituraj

Replies (1)

There is a prrof of income but there is no proof of "Zero Income". Why do you need to prove the IT department that you didnt have any income. The department is not asking you anything about this. Suppose the department asks you about your income, then if department believes that you have esacped tax on income by not disclosing it, then the onus lies on the department to prove it. You need not prove that you had "zero Income"

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details