Form 10e for relief under section 89

Hello Sir, I hope the answers to my questions will help many individuals. I received retrenchement compensation last year (FY 17-18). My empoyer showed it in the salary slip but is missing in form 16. I was taxed and told to claim exemption when i file return in AY 18-19. Can I do so? I am aware that upto 5 Lakhs is exempted as retrenchemnt compensation. So  while filling ITR- 1, should i show this 5 lakhs as exempted and remaining amount under releif under section 89 in form 10E? While I fill form 10E should i put down the 'Total compensation' as the amount remaining after deducting 5 lakhs or should i put down the total compensation i received? Please help

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/form-10e-for-retrenchment-compensation-468877.asp

Replies (1)
retrenchment compensation is exempt to least of following.

1. retrenchment amount received
2.5,00,000
3. 15/26*average salary of last three months*no of completed years of service. in case fraction service of more than six months consider as one year.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details