Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant)     31 July 2021

Form 10-IE continuing problem

As already informed by me, still Form 10-IE cannot be filed by me and some more assessees but many assesseess filed the same.  In my case, information on Assessing Officer did not get auto-populated in Form 10-IE whereas for those who filed the same, the said information got auto-populated. I want to know whether in the case of others who could not file form 10-IE, information on Assessing Officer did not get auto-populated. Anyhow, we cannot fill up the same, since, it is a non-editable field. Further, we cannot delete the draft Form and start afresh also. Has any body solved the problem?

21 Replies

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     31 July 2021

Portal is not working properly
Saket Bhargava

Saket Bhargava (Self Employed)     03 August 2021

Sir, I by mistake filed 10IE on 02nd aug, which I should not have. Now I am unable to file my itr4 as when verification happens it gives me error to file 10IE. When will this issue resolve? I think it's an issue with software. Please raise concern to this problem with government as majority of small traders will start to face this problem. Not even sure why this old and new regime needed. Automatically everyone should be opted for new regime. Please advise me how I can file my return as whole day wasted and no solution found. Please advise. Saket

Ramachandran S

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant)     04 August 2021

@ Saket Bhargava I am sorry. I am not sure whether option once exercised can be withdrawn for the very same year. For assessees having business or professional income, the option once exercised can be withdrawn for a subsequent year only once and they can never once again exercise so long they have business or professional incomewhereas for for other assessees this restriction is not applicable.

Saket Bhargava

Saket Bhargava (Self Employed)     04 August 2021

Sir, the form is saved in draft mode and after verification server problem. My ITR after everification takes me to opt for 10IE. Please advise how can I file Itr?

Ramachandran S

@ Saket Bhargava I am sorry. I am not aware how to solve your problem. 

Ramachandran S

@ Saket Bhargava I have a doubt that though Form 10-IE might appear to be in draft mode, it might have been submitted. That's why you have been asked to opt for 10IE. In fact, this might have happened in my case too. That's why date of Form 10--IE appears to be 10 June 2021 despite my repeated attempts to file 10-IE on various dates. Of course, I have not started filling up ITR-3. I might land in same problem you face.

prasanna n

prasanna n   04 August 2021

Same problem I am facing @ Saket Bhargava. 

Raised grievance three times. No response or reply.

I think there is problems with most of the e-forms.

If 10IE already filed by mistake, then there should be a way to enter acknowledgement number and date of filing, so that ITR can be filed with new regime.

In my case I did not get the acknowledgement number and date of filing. 

Hopefully this will be resolved at least by 30september.

Ramachandran S

@ Prasana In your case, you have stated that you did not get the acknowledgement number and date of filing. Have you got the message that Form 10-IE has been submitted or you only guess? Is Form 10-IE still in draft mode?

prasanna n

@ Ramachandran 

By online route error message is 

New tax regime u/s 115BAC can not be opted without furnishing Form 10IE or the details provided in ITR is incorrect.

By offline route, by uploading JSON file error message 

Since form 10 IE is already submitted, you cannot opt out of 115BAC in this AY.

I waiting which one is correct.

Ramachandran S

@ Prasanna Is your Form 10-IE still in draft mode?

prasanna n

@ Ramachandran Yes sir.

It is in draft mode with old date.

I cannot delete the draft.

Even if I use new form the tab below it will again go to the same draft.

It is a loop. 

Ramachandran S

@ Prasana I have very same problem. I have a live chat thro Help menu and after asking for my PANNo, the person chatting with me stated that the issue has been escalated and I have to wait for some time. Let us pray God.

prasanna n

@ Ramachandran thanks for the update. Let's hope for the best.

Ramachandran S

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant)     05 August 2021

@ Prasanna Along with the grievance I have sent a pdf file of error message after conversion from word file which did not contain logo of website. CPC has simply replied that my grievance is resolved by asking to send 'complete screenshot'. Hence, today I have prepared jpj file of the screen shot (more than 6 mb due to logo!) and once again raised a grievance. I think, they will never solve our problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register