Find out whether income tax return filed

Hello,

I want to know whether a pvt ltd company has filed its ITR for the last 2 Assessment Years. I know the PAN no. of the Company. Is there anyway I can do so from the incometaxindia.gov.in website? I do not have the login details of the company since they have been lost. Obviously I can try 'forgot password' but is it not possible by any other way?

Replies (1)

I also want to know from which assessment year has it been mandatory for a Company(Pvt Ltd.) whose turover is under 5 lacs(in other words there has been tax audit applicable ever to the company) to file returns electronically?

Also, although it is obligatory for every Company and Firm to file a return, what happens if a Company has not filed any return at all? Apart from the following:

1) Penalty u/s 271F of Rs.5000 at the discretion of the AO

2) Interest u/s 234A if tax is payable after considering TDS and Adv Tax

3) Failure to carry forward certain types of losses

Is there any other penalty which an AO can levy on a Company for failure to file return at all...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details