GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Spark! (Tech Writer)     18 July 2011

Filling ITR 1 form - Income from salary field

I have a question on what to fill in the ITR -1 for the field "Income from Salary / Pension (Ensure to fill Sch TDS1)". Should we specify the Gross salary or Income chargeable under the head 'SALARIES'?

If anyone knows, please respond at the earliest.

10 Replies

Manoj Bhatia

Manoj Bhatia (Audit Officer)     18 July 2011

Dear,

for the filing the field "Income from Salary / Pension (Ensure to fill Sch TDS1)", in the form ITR 1,  the field Income chargeable under the head "Salaries", which is given in your form 16 given by your employer should be filed. Such field is after deductions under section 10 and Deductions (a) Entertainment Allowance and (b) Tax on Employment.

2 Like
Spark!

Originally posted by : Manoj Bhatia

Dear,

for the filing the field "Income from Salary / Pension (Ensure to fill Sch TDS1)", in the form ITR 1,  the field Income chargeable under the head "Salaries", which is given in your form 16 given by your employer should be filed. Such field is after deductions under section 10 and Deductions (a) Entertainment Allowance and (b) Tax on Employment.

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your clarification. I have one more difficulty here. On the Excel file when I click on generate (XML) nothing happens. How do I rectify this?

Spark!

I tried with PDF version and it seems to be working in the PDf version.

Thanks!

Tally Gyan

Tally Gyan (MBA)     19 July 2011

If you trying to efiling with excel file, then you'll be do to enable the option of macros.....after that you can generate this into XML file.

Cheers

Naveen

Prachi

Prachi (CA FINAL)     19 July 2011

Thanks Naveen for this info..............

Tally Gyan

Tally Gyan (MBA)     19 July 2011

anytime dear! :-)

Amol

Amol (XXX)     09 July 2014

"Dear, for the filing the field "Income from Salary / Pension (Ensure to fill Sch TDS1)", in the form ITR 1,  the field Income chargeable under the head "Salaries", which is given in your form 16 given by your employer should be filed. Such field is after deductions under section 10 and Deductions (a) Entertainment Allowance and (b) Tax on Employment. 
"
Hi Manoj, Thanks for above but What about the Income chargeable under the head "Salaries" in Schedule TDS 1? What amount we should fill here?

My form 16 also has 11. Total Income which is = Income chargeable under the head "Salaries" - Deduction Under Chapter VI-A

Do i need to use this in TDS 1 or i can simmply use 6.Income chargeable under the head "Salaries" fom Form 16?

vikash A

vikash A   30 April 2016

Hello, 

what is "income from salary/pension" in itr-4s and i have form -16A , is it correct that i need to fill itr-4s   

Saurabh Gajwani

Saurabh Gajwani   20 June 2016

But when we fill income from salary after deduction (under sec 10), our amount is different what is appear on Form 26S.

For example: I have gross salary of 10 lac. Under sec. 10 (HRA, LTA, Medical expenditure, etc.) = 1.5 lac. Salary after dedcution = 8.5 lac. Tax Deducted = 2 lac (say).

However in Tax Detail Page, salary under income(3) shown is 10 lac, Tax dedcuted = 2 lac. This field are same as Form 26S. 

What shall I do, shall i change Salary under income (3) which is auto taken from Form 26S or shall I keep as it is. Do not change these field.

Siddharth Goel

Siddharth Goel (Chartered Accountant)     04 July 2018

Hi,

Following are the salry details to be entered in the ITR:

• Salary (Excluding all exempt/non-exempt allowances,perquisites & profit in lieu of salary ) In this, you need to fill the Gross salary and not the net salary. All the Alllowances and exemptions shall be covered in the next tab. So take the total CTC in this field.
  • Allowances exempt under Section 10 :Total of all the allowance exempt(ex: House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance,) from Total of (2) Less : Allowance to the extent exempt u/s 10 This consists of Allowances shown in Form 16 + HRA calculated
  • Value of Perquisites as shown in Form 16 separately.
  • Profits in Lieu of Salary as shown in Form 16 separately.

The Gross salary should ideally match the amount mentioned in 26AS. If it does not, then there is no need to panic, just fill the ITR with reference to the Form 16. Also, to confirm the amounts, one can match the credits on account of salary in the bank account.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register