Filed ITR 1 instead of ITR 3 for AY 2019-20

Filed ITR 1 instead of ITR 3 for AY 2019-20. Now when I try to file rectification it says XML schema error at line 3 and not allowing me to file. 

Replies (8)
You mean revised return and file rectification - correct.

You re-download ITR3 utility in Excel or java mode and use that. See what happens then, mostly it will be through.

Select option- filed under 139(4)
139(4) is for after due date. I have actually filed original return before due date. So I am filing revised return only. Also I have to quote acknowledgement number and all. Or should I select 92CD modified return? Please clarify.
Under 92CD - modified return

A modified return is to be filed for an assessment year relevant to a previous year to which an advance pricing agreement is entered in terms of Section 92CC.

The modified return is to be filed within a period of three months from the end of the month in which the said agreement was entered into under Section 92CD.

So in your case it is 139(4)

But I have filed original return right. Shouldn't I file 139(5) revised return? If I file under 139(4) then I have to pay interest for default and fee for default in furnishing return.

Oh yes, file revised return under 139(5)

I tried filing under 139(5). Again I am getting the same error. Tried using the latest utility also. Please help. I am not able to attach the excel file as I am getting a message like "size is too large". Please help.

You try once again by downloading latest ITR Excel utility. I don't think you should find any trouble.

If problem still persist , mail me Excel utility file to my id - pnkapadia @ gmail.com
I have tried multiple times. But the issue still persists. I will try to send the excel to your mail id today. But it is close to 80 MB. May be I can share the Google drive link.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details