File Income Tax in which state

Hello,

I recently changed in my company and moved to different state. So, now i have 2 form 16 of two different states.

Please let me know where do I need to file the income tax return. My current state or the earlier state?

Thanks

Abhay

Replies (6)

as income tax act it is mandatory for company (All Comapny) Or Individual, Firm (whose account audited)to fill Income tax retrun Online .

hence you file his Retrun Electonicaly.

if you Individual or firm (otherwise above mention) you can file your ITR at current state

is there an reference link which I can have a look?

 

Thanks

Abhay

Can I file the return in the first state?


-Abhay

you have to file return 

1) in case of manual return, at the address and state where your pan card is registered

2) e file from any state or place

 

but

you have to initiate the change of address immediately by rectify PAN application, as you have mentioned that you have changed the place of working, so all communication would be routed to your previous address only, to avoid this you have to update your address by filing pan rectification.

If I will be working in this location for some years only and later plan to go back to my earlier state. In this case can I continue filing the returns on my orignal state when I am working in other state for some years?

 

Thanks

Abhay

in that case, if your tax is deducted, then keep track of TDS under form 26AS, as in absence of display in 26 AS, your ITO would face trouble to allow you TDS not deducted at same zone CIT

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details