ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Failed to e-verify

Harsh Arora (CA Finalist ) (1161 Points)

15 April 2021  
If i have filed my iTR but failed to e verify it. Will i face any problem for filing return of next year ?

12 Replies

Shivani Thacker (.Student) (107 Points)
Replied 15 April 2021

You can make request for condonation of delay and e verify the return. thereafter, ITR will be processed. So no problem would arise in your already filed ITR and of subsequent year.

Replied 15 April 2021

But i dont want this return to get processed because it had some errors and now it cannot rectify it.

Replied 15 April 2021

You can rectify ITR and not revise it. so if error is of such nature that gets covered u/s 154 then rectify itr

Replied 15 April 2021

Still i dont want it to get processed. will it create any problem for subsequent years if i dont file it ?

Replied 15 April 2021

This depends on case to case, if there are some financial transactions that department gets then may be notice or compliance of high value transaction under compliance portal required. so , one cannot surely say anything about this.

Replied 15 April 2021

Assuming there are no high value transactions and there is nothing suspicious in it. Can you advise in that case ?

Sourav (Student) (23754 Points)
Replied 15 April 2021

You should rectify your return by filing under condonation of delay

Replied 15 April 2021

In case, i dont do anything what problems can i face ?

SUSHANT BIDAYE (503 Points)
Replied 15 April 2021

Yes. in the reason you can mention , itr 5 sent to bengaluru but not received so far

CA ABHAY GUPTA (Practice) (3134 Points)
Replied 16 April 2021

@ Harsh Arora If you have believe that nothing there in the FY which makes enquiry by department in near future then leave the return as it is, it will get invalid. in near future in case you need any loan or visa they required ITR for current year and two immediate preceding year. thus there will be gap in two ITR. Hope you get my point, in short apart from gap there will be no issue.

Replied 16 April 2021

Thank you CA abhay gupta ji. For the sake of further information i m adding -this was the first time filed return. So there is not going to be any gap of any kind. Also there is no urgent loan requirement in the coming 3-5 years.

Neha sharma (-) (1246 Points)
Replied 17 April 2021

But why dont you want to file the ITR?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags